Monday, May 28, 2012

A Sunny Day in the Farthest Northern City

28 May 2012
5:29 PM


Sunrise at3:43 AMin direction26°North-northeastNorth-northeast
Sunset at11:57 PMin direction334°North-northwestNorth-northwest
Duration of day: 20 hours, 14 minutes (6 minutes, 30 seconds longer than yesterday)


Civil Twilight all day

I think we are drifting from late spring to early summer.  While we don't have wild flowers in bloom yet, we are now looking at plenty of green everywhere.  And the wild roses and bluebells are forming.  Our summer is so brief and so cherished.  I embrace eery day - even if I am waking up at 3 in the morning because I think it is time to get up .. maybe it is time to get up.  That's a thought!

Aria playing frisbee in the afternoon's warmth
The two youngest dogs both took a good run at playing frisbee early this afternoon.  First Aria again showed that despite being over six, she still has what it takes to get that flying saucer mid air.  JayJay stood on the deck with Mira Bai watching enviously.   Then JayJay had her turn while it was Aria's turn to whine from the deck.  JayJay does not get the whole trajectory thing, but she does get that I like when she looks full into the camera.

JayJay willing to pose 
I went back to the Tanana Valley Fairgrounds to watch the final groups in the dog show.  I missed the Working Group, which is the grouping for Dobermans, Great Danes, many of the Nordic breeds, boxers, and many others that were bred for specific jobs.  But, I did have the opportunity to see the last few groups and the Best in Show ring.  Michelle and Amanda took that award today.  I felt happy for Michelle and actually excited to be there because I know that Michelle regularly places Best in Show with Dobermans, but I've never seen it.

Michelle and Amanda after winning Best in Show today
Before going back to the fair grounds, though, I took time to take a photograph of the trees in our yard - because you can never have too many photos of birch trees!

Our lovely, lovely birch trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.