Saturday, May 12, 2012

Anchorage to Seward - Enough Not Said

10 May 2012
6:52 PM


Sunrise at4:43 AMin direction41°NortheastNortheast
Sunset at10:54 PMin direction319°NorthwestNorthwest
Duration of day: 18 hours, 10 minutes (7 minutes longer than yesterday)


The drive to Seward from Anchorage was amazing.  The tides were lower than normal due to moon alignment and we watched water pour out of Turnagain Arm and an alarming rate.


But why talk about it when you can see for yourself:





I confess that I have tried three different approaches in making this slideshow display as nicely as it does from iPhoto, with very little success.  However, the images are still do convey how special the day was.  I may update this again once I have spent a bit more time with QuickTime.  I see several possible ways to add more control, but for any of you who own a Mac and want to see it slowly with fades and full screen, post a message and I'll see what I can do.

The water level ebbing as fast a river flows

Over the mountains to Seward

Break up is happening - slowly for everyone this spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.