Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring Storm

5 May 2012
9:45 PM

Sunrise at5:01 AMin direction46°NortheastNortheast
Sunset at10:37 PMin direction315°NorthwestNorthwest
Duration of day: 17 hours, 35 minutes (7 minutes, 1 second longer than yesterday)
I have a camera. HOOOORAY!

I have photos of the the trees budding in our yard and mountain poplar.  And I have photos of today's storm as it was building to hail.  I am so thrilled to have a camera again that I am not saying much, but simply showing what I have.  There are these unfortunate time stamps on my images and I don't know how to remove those yet ... but impatient person that I am, I imported them and want to post them anyhow.

I will read the book tonight to see how to not include the time stamp on imports, but for now, I am delighted to present the Canon SX260.  My new best friend.

Storm from the airport

Storm as it builds to rain in the west
Poplar buds

Buds ever so slightly visible as green bumps on branches

Buds more prominently contrasted against spruce

Hail Storm



I intended to take a photo of the yard completely devoid of snow since the last photos were with snow still on the ground.  I got distracted and then the hail storm hit.  It has all since melted, but it was fun to catch anyway.

Now to figure out how to control this new best friend of mine.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.