Monday, July 30, 2012

Successful Weekend for Queen JayJay

30 July 2012
10:21 PM

Sunrise at4:46 AMin direction40°NortheastNortheast
Sunset at11:06 PMin direction320°NorthwestNorthwest
Duration of day: 18 hours, 19 minutes (6 minutes, 56 seconds shorter than yesterday)
Civil twilightends at12:57 AM,begins at2:58 AM

I stayed at Alaska Choice Motel for most of the weekend.  The bandwidth is not strong enough for my laptop to zing, but worked great for the Chromebook and iPad using the Motel's wireless.  But, I didn't have the means to upload photos on those two devices and instead lived in a world with limited connectivity.  It was very pleasant, but I did take photos and more on that tomorrow. 

For now, a recap of the weekend is in order.  It was a dog show weekend and I admit, this whole thing - showing dogs - is becoming more comfortable.  In fact, I was comfortable enough to show JayJay twice.  But it didn't matter if I did or someone else; she earned a Select designation for every entry.  I calculated it out and she is now a Grand Champion, unless I really do not understand the point system.  But I think I do - I hope I do because I already had her photo taken with Grand Champion designation in it!

Afterward I worried I miscalculated, but OH WELL.  The point is she is a great little bitch.  She is a tad too long while her neck is not as long as Michelle likes for her Best of Breed candidates, but she is obviously a really, really, good bitch because she just keeps winning - even with my showing her! 

Palmer weather was good.  In fact all of South Central was good weather until this morning.  I stayed in Anchorage at Bev and Terry Marquette's, wonderful and generous people.  I went in to see Mom and it worked out better to take another day off rather than try to drive back home late yesterday. 

So, I returned home today, leaving in constant rain and dithered all the way to the fork in the road as to whether I should take the shortest road home via Parks Highway or the longer scenic route through Glennallen, Copper Basin, and Delta.  I finally chose the later and it was not a mistake.  But as I said, more on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.