Friday, July 20, 2012

Rain and More Rain

19 May 2012
... next day

The rains of late summer, often setting in during August, are upon us.  The rain has been frequent enough, and heavy enough to prompt me to review my foot wear.  For running agility outdoors, I need water proof shoes.  For daily walks, I need water proof shoes.  For working in the yard for any reason (mowing, weeding, wood preparation for winter), I need water proof shoes.

I had a good solid pair of Gortex treated, light-weight hiking boots, that I needed to relinquish after foot surgery, but I am motivated to consider their replacement.  I spent nearly two hours out in grass working with Aria for agility in my regular shoes, Keen Brand, and came home with shoes and part of my socks soaked.  Luckily, my feet did not get cold and there is no sign of a cold coming on.

The up side is that I figure this is preparation for retiring to the Pacific North West.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.