Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lap Dog

10 July 2012
8:10 PM

Sunset at12:15 AMin direction337°North-northwestNorth-northwest
Sunrise at3:38 AMin direction23°North-northeastNorth-northeast

Civil Twilight all day

Aria in Gary's lap with JayJay looking at me from behind

Dobermans, when bred from stable lines and raised well, are among the most affectionate, loyal, and sweetest dogs there are.  All dogs breeds, mutts included, can become aggressive.  Since dobermans were bred as protective animals, breeders in the US tend to select parents who interact well with humans to ensure they will not flip a switch and behave in unexpected ways.  

I have worked with four breeders.  The first had an unexpected breeding and we brought home a male from that litter.  Later she told me she wished it had not happened as those dogs were more aggressive and unpredictable than any others she had.  Our first dog was more difficult and I spent most of his life being sure he did not get into trouble.  He could be unpredictable with everyone but me.  But with me, I could not ask for a better dog.  I lived alone during that time and I never, ever worried about my safety in the city.

The other three breeders provided me with stable, clear-thinking, and easily directed dogs - although just as protective in nature.  And one of them, sweet Aria, aka Champion Monarch's Passion is my favorite lapdog.  All three of our dogs are cuddlers of the highest order.  Especially in winter, they love to snuggle up under one of the washable throws we keep just for that purpose.  Mira Bai likes placing her head over my feet.  Aria likes curling up next to me with the curve of her back touching me.  JayJay likes stretching her full length along my body to maximize how much of her touches me.

But Aria is our only lapdog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.