Monday, June 11, 2012

SP Kennel Visit

11 June 2012
6:06 PM

Sunset at12:35 AMin direction343°North-northwestNorth-northwest
Sunrise at3:06 AMin direction17°North-northeastNorth-northeast
Civil twilight all day

I visited the SPK puppies yesterday.  Wow - it has been such a long time since I have held something that new and that young.  There are two new litters.  Aliy has posted Quito's and Biscuit's second breeding results on her website, SP Kennel Dog Log.  They are healthy, about 6 inches long about 2 pounds.  They are just now starting to open their eyes.  I helped Aliy move the whelping box inside the garage - okay I acted like I helped.  She is so strong, she could have moved it by herself.  We moved it because the kennel can be very hot at random times in the afternoon and then cool again later.  Aliy wanted to even out the temperature swings for the pups.

Another whelping box out in the yard is shielded by a tall puppy wheel and trees.  Those pups are sweet Scooter's and sired by one of Jake Berkowitz's dogs.  They are the start of Ryne's own kennel.  There are three boys and one very small girl.  She is a good eater, but small, so they are watching her closely.

It's not the Dog Days of summer yet, but don't tell these guy that.



No matter what type of mood I am in when I head out to the kennel, I always come back feeling as happy as I could be.  Seeing all of my buddies always feels really, really good.  And now I spend as much time with the humans as I do with the dogs.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.