Monday, June 18, 2012

Family Dinner

18 June 2012

Sunset at12:46 AMin direction345°North-northwestNorth-northwest
Sunrise at2:58 AMin direction15°North-northeastNorth-northeast

Civil Twilight all day

A welcoming summer view of of our house

Yesterday we invited Jamie's parents and twin sisters to our house for dinner.  It gave T & J a break after the big birthday bash party; I kept the meal simple.  Being with Jamie's family is a pleasure.  They lingered far into the evening talking about most anything.  Being together and talking could be their chief entertainment, they are so comfortable with themselves .. no drinking, partying, or dancing can compete with their enjoyment of one another.

They stayed until nearly 10:00 PM .. all the light, you know.  After they left and I finished cleaning up, I couldn't sleep.  It wasn't that I wasn't tired, and I hadn't had any alcohol, sugar or caffeine - I think it is just the effect of nearing summer solstice.  Three days to solstice and then we have several more weeks of 24 hour civil twilight.  The plants are starting to take off quickly now.  All the gardens will grow like there is no tomorrow (or winter is coming soon) over July.  I will have more photos soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.