Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where Have I Been?

24 April 2012 ... oops 25 April 2012
9:11


Sunrise at5:41 AMin direction56°NortheastNortheast
Sunset at9:59 PMin direction305°NorthwestNorthwest
Duration of day: 16 hours, 18 minutes (6 minutes, 56 seconds longer than yesterday)

It's Spring!!! Lots of things suddenly need doing that were not especially attractive to do earlier this month.  In the time since I last took a photo of snow, all that remains are some stubbornly large snow piles from shoveling snow out of roadways.  As the sun light increases, so does our energy and we get busy, busy, busy.

We have not been sitting on our laurels over the last several days, but instead very busily getting things done and, of course, since it is now light until 11:00, forgetting to go to bed at a reasonable time.  So, over the weekend, it was solid activity through the day light activities and then I would suddenly realize I needed rest and would go straight to bed.

We have cleaned out most of the garage, delivering the last of Mom's things that we will donate to Fairbanks Resource Agency to them and moving the rest upstairs for my safe keeping.  There will be a lot of yarn in this year's yard sale!  I also found her spoon collection and thimble collection.  Now I have all of her collections: spoon, thimble, and bell.  I am not a collector, but these are very dear to me because she was.  I also found antiques from my grandmother, depression glass and a very old Japanese Tea set - a little battered, but still very lovely.

Then I completed cleaning out the apartment because my Dad is flying in tomorrow and will stay down there.  I have nearly completed spring clean up of the back yard and spent Sunday sewing covers around dog beds that JayJay had thought were fun teething toys when younger.  I rescued five!

After the long winter, when it melts, I am naturally pulled outside more.  I have Aria and JayJay for walks and started biking with my JayJay daily.  I have started a four day work week schedule, so I am going in at 7:00 and returning home after 18:00, but I will garner an additional day off over the summer months .. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.