Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Lapse

7 March 2012
8:21 AM

Date              |   Daylight Span        |   Daylight hours   |  Increase from 3/5    |    Solar Noon

Mar 6, 2012 |7:40 AM6:26 PM |10h 45m 52s    |         + 6m 45s       |         1:02 PM


I did not blog yesterday.  I gathered the sunrise, sunset information for yesterday off the monthly listing - which is why the format is different.  There is no reason for my not blogging other than that at the time I would usually blog, I was fixated on the progress of several mushers.  I stayed at home, watched the progress of the Iditarod Sled Dog race, and watched the continuous snowfall.

The snow storm that gave me grief on the drive back to Fairbanks from Anchorage continued throughout the day.  I was happy to see my son-in-law's truck, with snow plow engaged, enter our driveway.  I will not be happy to get out the snow shovel and shovel off the deck and steps.

Gary had to shovel behind the garage doors once the car was parked inside.  Snow that had accumulated against the garage door fell onto the garage floor and deeply enough that the garage door wouldn't shut.  When I opened the man door to complete a chore, the snow was over a foot deep and packed solid.

Aliy Zirkle received the PenAir Spirit of Alaska Award for being the first musher into McGrath.  The team is running well and she is on schedule.  She and a whole passel of other mushers are taking their 24 hour layover in Takotna and another group are doing the same in McGrath.  Ryne is making her way to McGrath and the Red Lantern, Dan Seavey is now 7 hours behind the mushers who left Rohn before him.

I will post again tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.