Monday, January 30, 2012

Every One Need a Few Days LIke Today

29 January 2012
3:47 PM


Sunrise at9:47 AMin direction134°SoutheastSoutheast
Sunset at4:22 PMin direction226°SouthwestSouthwest
Duration of day: 6 hours, 34 minutes (6 minutes, 37 seconds longer than yesterday)


I haven't done much of anything today.  I started the day by checking on the status of two favorite mushers, Aliy Zirkle and Ryne Olson, who were running the Don Bowers Memorial 300 Race as training runs.  Then I played a computer game, Jewel Quest - Sleepless Star, and managed to get past a board that had stumped me for days.

My mother lives in our downstairs studio apartment and is elderly.  She needs assistance with everything now, so I started her day by going down and giving her a shower.  Gary brought down her breakfast and I sat and watched TV with her for an hour or so.  She will undoubtedly go to bed early again tonight, but I will make sure she has dinner and is all comfortable so she can crawl under the covers any time she wants.

Then I checked on the race results.  Aliy was in, but Ryne was still out.  I played the same computer game until 3:00 then started dinner because I want the meat for tacos to simmer in the spices.  I am also cooking black beans that I spiced up a bit.

Then I once again checked on Ryne's status and she was in.  Cutter, a dog that Teresa and I sponsor completed the race, but had become sore and was in the dog bag on the sled when they came over the finish line.  He had problems with feet swelling in the past, so I imagine it was more of the same.  His sons, however, still youngsters, did great.

I took Mom some soup just now, since she ate a late breakfast.  She will most likely go to bed by 6:30 pm, so I will check on her again around 6:00 pm.  She is in light weight sweats that she can wear to bed, so I won't make her change although I will help her with toilet.

That's it.  That's all I have done all day and glad of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.