Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A New Perspective

28 November 2012
7:55 AM

Sunrise at10:12 AMin direction146°SoutheastSoutheast
Sunset at3:06 PMin direction214°SouthwestSouthwest
Duration of day: 4 hours, 53 minutes (5 minutes, 34 seconds shorter than yesterday)


Photo taken 10:13 AM 11/26

I was offered and accepted a position with another department in OIT (Office of Information Technology).  I am adjusting to my new location and changes in office culture and office physical layout.  When at Core Applications, my desk was in a common room where I could easily see my team members.  Our view was out the window to the flag circle and Rasmuson Library.  Our view south was from parking lots and an east entrance porch.  The photos I have shared from my work day are all from what is called Lower Campus.

I now reside in Upper Campus or West Ridge and the view from the bank of windows directly next to my cube is what you see above.  I am in a cube, which affords plenty of space and also reduces distractions while working.  To visit, I have to get up and go somewhere rather than holler at my team mates.  I am not yet sure if this is a good thing, but I think for an quasi-introvert like me, it probably fits fine.  In winter, the sun streams right in a eye level.  I have the blinds open so that sun rays stream in at midday.  I do not face it directly and have not been troubled by the sun's progress across the window space.

And you can't beat that view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.