Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31, 2011 - Setting Goals

31 December 2011
9:55 PM

First snow a few years ago
Sunrise at10:56 AMin direction153°South-southeastSouth-southeast
Sunset at2:52 PMin direction207°South-southwestSouth-southwest
Duration of day: 3 hours, 56 minutes (2 minutes, 55 seconds longer than yesterday)

My first blog, parentingparents.blogspot.com, was started to describe my experiences in helping my mother in her later years.  Writing my thoughts and experiences on a regular basis has proved to be a rewarding way to chart her progress and mine as I come to terms with her decline and make adjustments to it.  But I don't write for it daily.   And, I have wanted to speak more about life in Alaska, my life in Alaska.

My husband, Gary, and I moved here late in life.  My reactions to it are not going to be the same as those of younger people to make this transition.  My daughter, son, and son-in-law came to Alaska early enough to live out their prime here.  They already know much about the wild beauty of our northern most state and will continue to grow in that knowledge, to their great enrichment through their years.

Gary and I have limited opportunities due to our less-than-youthful bodies, work schedules, and care for my mother.  But we do have simple appreciations and I will record our experiences.  I guess this is an armchair view of Alaska, in comparison to the amazing adventures my children have.

It is what it is.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment.